We're fiercely proud of being part of such a beautiful state.
They don't call us the Great Lakes State for nothing...
So why would we ever elect a man who is out to destroy it?
11. Dick DeVos will cut needed environmental funding.
DeVos called for the elimination of the Single Business Tax and refuses to explain what will replace the nearly $2 billion in state revenue. DeVos said he "wants to focus on tax and regulatory policies" with agencies such as the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. (The Grand Rapids Press, March 17, 2006)
11. Governor Granholm has successfully funded vital environmental projects. Jennifer Granholm fought for funding and accomplished many projects including
- Protecting more than 270,000 acres of forests.
- Safeguarded more than 60,000 additional acres of farmland, wetlands, and wildlife habitat on private land.
- Protecting more than 6,000 acres of shoreline along the Great Lakes.(Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality)