Tricky Dick has said a lot about his Amway 'business experience' and how he should be 'hired' because of it. However, Michigan voters aren't stupid, they want the facts behind all his rhetoric.
Michigan's citizens deserve to know that they have a job, and that there's someone out there fighting like hell to bring even more to Michigan.
Just Say NO to Dick because...
20. Dick DeVos failed his own company, Amway(Alticor). During his eight years as CEO of Amway, the company suffered the biggest decline in revenue in nearly a decade, dropping from $7 billion to $4.5 billion, a 36% decrease. (Alticor Inc. / Detroit News, June 24, 2006)
Just Say YES to Jen because...
20. Governor Granholm has fought successfully for new jobs for Michigan since day one. Governor Jennifer Granholm is executing a plan and it's paying off for Michigan workers.
- Internet giant Google's recent announcement they were opening a headquarters for their new AdWords division in Ann Arbor, creating 1,000 new jobs (Detroit Free Press, July 10, 2006)
- Kellogg moving their U.S. Snacks division from Illinois to Michigan, creating an additional 650 jobs in Battle Creek and Wyoming (Battle Creek Enquirer, May 19 2004)
- Whirlpool's announcement they are consolidating their administrative operation in Michigan, creating more than 400 jobs in Benton Harbor (News Release, Whirlpool Corporation, May 10, 2006)
- United Solar Ovonic, an alternative energy company, building manufacturing plants in Greenville (The Greenville Daily News, September 9, 2006)
- Advanced Photonix, a California-based technology company, moving their offices to Ann Arbor (Detroit Free Press, March 7, 2006)
- Hemlock Semiconductor's expansion in Saginaw (WJRT-TV, November 16, 2005)
- American Axle choosing Detroit over Mexico (The Lapeer County Press, September 8, 2006)
- In the last nine months, nine ethanol and biodiesel plants have opened, broken ground or been announced. (Press Release, Office of the Governor, September 14, 2006)