With services such as
- School Lunch programs
- Parenting Tools and Resources
- Senior Citizen's Services
- Disability Services (Commission for the Blind)
- Health and Nutrition programs
- WIC (Women, Infants, Children)
Of course, if you're Amway Guy, chances are you can just buy whatever you need to stay healthy instead of relying on the State.
So it comes as no surprise that Tricky Dick thinks Michigan needs to cut those programs that so many have come to depend on.
Just Say NO to Dick because...
13. Dick DeVos is going to cut public health services. If elected, Slick Dick has made it clear that he will cut necessary public programs such as the Office of Michigan's Surgeon General. (Detroit Free Press 6/08/06)
Just Say YES to Jen because...
13. Governor Granholm has helped create top-notch public health programs that work for Michigan's citizens. Jennifer Granholm appointed the state's first Surgeon General and launched a plan - Prescription for a Healthier Michigan - to help make Michigan citizens healthier. To date, many Michigan citizens have accessed the Michigan Steps Up website www.michiganstepsup.org, creating more than 16,000 personal health plans and more than 1,700 health risk appraisals.