Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Post-Victory Ponderings....

Wow, even still in my exhaustion, I'm awed by the results. I had my hopes, but I never imagined it would end like this. Even still in Virginia, so much hangs on one race (fingers crossed!).

Not to take away from Zack's incredible daily roundup (and you know I read it every morning!) but I wanted to point out a couple posts worth reading....

As we rake these past couple days in, djtyg at MichLib has some wise words to share, and he makes some excellent points.

From last night, both WizardKitten and I took some great photos, although she clearly had the superior camera of the two as she took good enough pictures to post hers, and mine...will be up after some serious color-correction. :-D Show her some love.

Kathy's got a real break-down on what Dick and the gang really lost. It's pretty insightful, check it out at Stone Soup Musings.


Alright...so a couple of thoughts on my mind as I think about where we go, where I go, and where this blog goes, something I'm guessing several of us are thinking about.

What's the policy agenda going to look like here in Lansing? We've got some new reps that will be coming in, and unlike DC, it's going to be interesting to see what the Dem-controlled House can squeeze thru the Senate. I really want to see the Governor expand her Michigan First Healthcare program here, but who's willing to lay down the partisanship and roll up their sleeves? Can the GOP really risk another (and almost constant) assualt on the so-called character of the party by refusing to actually get to work on some real issues? Andy Meisner in the House and Gretchen Whitmer in the Senate both have bills up on stem cell. When you consider that an entire Senate seat was practically won on the issue of stem cell research (Missouri), well you would hope that the GOP has their ear to the ground.

Speaking of which - leadership. Any guesses on this one? There's whispers here and there, but what's going to actually happen, well I'll be awaiting and watching...

Notice what no one is talking about at all? What's going to happen (or not) between now and January. Hmm...anyone want to take a gander???

LLP Coming Attraction...get your knives and forks polished...I'm going to take a walk about the town with a friend or two and see what's cooking, literally, here in Lansing. Be prepared to drool, it's going to be fabulous!

No comments: