Monday, June 04, 2007

On the eve of the trip...

Dear Friends -

Many, many thanks to all of you for your support both on and off-line as I gear up for the ride.

With this as my second year, there's a little less anxiety involved, more excitement, and a bigger stock of pain relievers going with me on this trip.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not nearly in shape like I was last year. Through my friend Robert's tragic death, moving to a new place, getting settled into a new career, and life in general, I'm grateful just to be able to go. I may not ride all 210 (218 to be exact) miles, but I'm proud that I'm going, have raised a good deal of money for a great cause, and will be there to show myself and the world that living with Crohn's Disease and an ostomy doesn't mean your life is over.

I'll be staying with a friend/fellow blogger, Lipris from The Albany Project (think the NY version of MichLib) in NYC for a couple days before the ride to see the sights and have some fun before the big ride that starts next Friday morning at the crack of dawn.

You can follow the 79 other riders and 50+ crew and I as we ride here at LLP - I'll be updating at the end of each day.

Despite a less-than-fabulous forecast of showers and storms Friday and Saturday, I'm excited. I'll be seeing a beautiful part of NY for the first time, and will be taking in all the sights. I've heard nothing but beautiful things about the Hudson River Valley.

Check out the website to follow the path we'll be taking, or if you're feeling the need to help me get a little closer to my goal of $15,000.

Be sure to look for the pictures when I get back!

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. Your support never ceases to amaze and humble me.

~LL

1 comment:

Julie said...

Go Poodle! Go!

xoxo

Mother Hen