Friday, June 08, 2007

Crossing the George Washington Bridge

The air is thick as pea soup with humidity and since its NYC, plenty of smog/pollution. Boy, do I miss Michigan's fresh air.

The bad air is aggravating my asthma, but the hills aren't too bad. Today''s concern is going to be not becoming dehydrated and "bonking", which is a huge concern to all riders.

I'm about to leave rest stop 2 and to #3 where lunch awaits. I've already cleared about 25 miles and the temp is already 72 @ 9:45ish. Woo-whee, it's gonna be a warm one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the northeast! Ain't nothing like a Maryland summer.

We just had a huge thunderstorm here. Big hail and everything. It went from 95 (record high, we're in the mountains too) to 77 in thirty minutes. It'll probably take a while for the storm to get to you, but I think tomorrow will be nicer.

Be safe and enjoy the ride.