Friday, May 11, 2007

Cruise Director Report: (Finally!) Back on the Tubes

Oy vey, what a week!

I'm pleased to announce that I'm typing from the new HQ of LucyLand, located in the heart of beautiful downtown Lansing. The move went well, albeit hot, humid, and lots of sore muscles later. Many thanks to all of the friends and Sister Dearest for their help.

Before the move, I spent several days down in Cereal City working on a very important Kellogg Community College Board of Trustee's race. I can say without doubt that the most exciting local race I've ever worked on, and just continued to prove what a real impact local races really have on a community. A hearty congrats to the new trustees, Reba Harrington and Jon Byrd, and returning trustee Brian Hice. A special congrats to the man behind the campaign, Dan Fingas. If anyone ever asks me for the name of a solid campaign manager, Dan's name will be the first I'll give out.

While you're surfing the Tubes this weekend, be sure to check out Around the Keg and Lansing's Drinking Liberally blog, and yes, both have to do with alcohol, but are not strictly about alcohol. Be sure to check out Bob's post about the Lunacy of Life Sciences (read: stem cell research) here in Michigan. ATK is billed as "Zen and the Art of Consumption" - check it out.

Before I hop off for the day, I just thought I'd leave you with this interesting factoid of the day.

Ant traps smell like peanut butter.

Ah, the joys of moving! :-)

3 comments:

philgoblue said...

Congrats on all accounts Lucy!

Communications guru said...

I also want to add my congratulations, and ask when is the house warming party. Man, I love DT Lansing. If only I can talk my wife into leaving beautiful, diverse Howell.

LiberalLucy said...

Well, I hadn't really thought of having a housewarming party, but really, who can resist? :-)

I'll keep you posted! :-)