Sunday, March 11, 2007

Welcome Kossacks!

For those of you stopping on by courtesy of Daily Kos, welcome! I was really honored to find LLP had been placed on today's 10 Random User Blogroll Links.

Since you're here, I thought I'd pull up a couple of my favorite posts for a smattering of what Liberal, Loud and Proud is all about.

1) Why Republican Gay Discrimination Costs Us* - Everyone talks about the social/moral issues of discriminating against the LGBT community, but take a look at why it's not smart from an economical standpoint.

2) A Green Lesson from Northern Michigan - a trip up north got me thinking about Michigan's economy, and the lesson we can all heed from Mother Nature.

3) Introduction and Analysis of the House Standing Committee Leadership - A brief glimpse into the men and women who head Michigan's House Committees.

4) This Blogger's Passion - Anyone can rant and rave on a blog. I do it because I believe in the power of educating and advocating.

5) Something's Brewing in the Neighborhood - I'm part of a group that created a Congressional District Watch Blog for one of D.C.'s most dangerous Congresscritters - Mike Rogers.

6) The Real Skinny on the Michigan '06 Elections* - Everything you wanted to know, and more. I promise that it makes for an interesting read. :-)

7) For Our Veterans* - One of the most talked about posts I've ever written. Inspired by my father, a Vietnam Vet, Veterans Day, and the apathy towards those who risk it all for us.

8) Bloggers - A Campaign's Best Friend* - Bloggers are a huge asset to any campaign, for a variety of reasons.

9) Musings of an Exhausted Blogger - Even with the limitations of living with a chronic illness, I was able to do my part during the '06 elections thanks to blogging.

10) Just Say NO to Dick and YES to Jen: Reason #1 - Without a doubt, this list of 25 Reasons Why not to vote for Amway Guy (Dick DeVos) and vote for Governor Jennifer Granholm put me on the map. I'm not sure I can ever express how much a true labor of love, blood, sweat and tears it was (25 Reasons for 25 days!), but without a doubt, it was worth it.

*Rescued on Kos

Again, welcome to Liberal, Loud and Proud, and here's hoping we see you around more often!

~Liberal Lucy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark Crispin Miller's book "Fooled Again: How the Right Stole the 2004 Election" has just been released in paperback. We need to support this book!

Nirmal said...

whoa, I didn't even notice this -- congrats!