Friday, March 02, 2007

Waving the White Flag


Sad Bears Life
Originally uploaded by sgsteffens_83.
I would love to write something witty and eloquent today, but my body just won't let me. I spent several hours at the ironically named FastTrack part of Sparrow Hospital's ER last night after a mishap in the kitchen during dinner prep.

I walked out with an aluminum splint on my index finger, a tetanus shot which has left my arm feeling bruised and battered, and super glue on the injured digit, as opposed to stitches. That's in addition to the minor surgery I had on my foot last week, and my sore abs from my return to training for my bike ride. Frankly, I'm feeling a little worse for wear, and I just think I'm really not meant to be witty, eloquent, or a writer today.

So this post isn't completely useless, here is the info about the visitation and memoral for Robert Busby.

Here's to tomorrow....

4 comments:

BZP said...

Good Lord! Take it easy, fer cryin' out loud!

The Blogger said...

LL...sorry about your loss. Strange enough I am writing this from the Sparrow ER tonight where I am waiting, waiting on a doc to look at my xrays. Still, it's a good thing when you think about the alternative.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for all that went wrong. ERs are the worst! And any place that is called "Fast Track," isn't.

It's been a bad week for me too. I hope you feel better.

And sorry about the homocide. Violence is tragic, and too often senseless. It's a tough thing to see.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, take it easy!
Stop by one of these days...I'll buy coffee.