Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cruise Director Report - NYC Version

If you're making sure you're reading the right blog and not just gossip blog, let me explain.

I'm in NYC for a day on business and despite the wind rolling along Park Avenue (yes, it's a rough life, but someone has to do it!) life is good and I officially (heart) NYC. I'm a long way from the Mitten, but there are certain things I could get used too.

Anyhoo, despite a long day of work and other heavy things that involve lots of brain power, I stumbled onto New York's hidden cache of rockstar bloggers and net-roots activists last night. Incredible!

I got to meet Justin Krebs, founder of Drinking Liberally, Chris Bowers of MyDD, NYBri of DailyKos and The Albany Project, Lipris of The Albany Project, and a bunch of the crackerjack team formerly of the Dean Campaign, Advomatic. If that wasn't cool enough, this wee upstairs bar just happened to be hosting one of the Net-roots favorite legislators, Montana Senator Jon Tester.

He came up to shake hands with me and in all of my Liberal Lucy-ness I said "Senator, I flew all the way from Michigan just to meet you!" Without skipping a beat he said "Well, I flew all the way from Montana just to meet YOU!" :-) That's right, true to my inner blogger-geekiness, I nearly swooned. I had a moment with John Tester. :-)

The Senator was great. He took lots of questions from the crowd, about health care, Iraq and Iran, ethanol (did you know he's an organic farmer?), energy and climate policy, and yes, there was the person who tried to pin him on who his favorite presidential contender is. Being the smart guy he is, he didn't bite.

It was a whirlwind night, and I had a great time. I'm almost a little sad to be heading back to The Mitten. Probably the coolest part of the night was hearing that a lot of people knew about a) what a cool governor and how net-roots friendly she is b) they've heard of and respect Mich Lib and all that we're trying to do out there and c) they want to help us be more effective and will be working with us.

This is Liberal Lucy, reporting live from New York City. Stay safe Michiganians, and until I'm back later today, be sure to enjoy your Vernors Ginger Ale and Better Made Potato Chips!

1 comment:

BZP said...

Rubbing elbows with the big dawgs, eh? Pretty cool.