Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blog o' the Day - Pohlitics

It's been a while, so I thought it was only fitting to bring back the Blog o' the Day feature back with my morning favorite - Pohlitics.

We all have morning habits. Mine happens to include reading the daily "Outside it's America" post from Zack. It's literally the Morning Roundup of all Michigan liberal Blogs.

Zack reads all the latest posts, and then summarizes and recommends his favorites each morning. I never cease to get excited when a post from LLP makes it on there. Here's the first time we made it big on Pohlitics, and I'll never forget how excited I was.

Don't be fooled into thinking that Pohlitics is just a morning round-up. If you are a missing a little humor in your life, check out one of his regular funnies, as they are sure bring a chuckle or two.

Always setting the bar high, Zack continues to expand his website, and since the creation of Mr. Rogers' Watch, he's helping everyone in the 8th Congressional District keep tabs on wily Mike Rogers with his aptly-named Rogers Probe.

Take it from this liberal, Pohlitics is not only about to be your favorite morning destination, but it's one-stop-shopping for everything progressive happening on the Michigan blogosphere. Do yourself a favor and stop by today!

3 comments:

BZP said...

Thanks for the plug. The link roundup just seemed like a good feature that would be easy to do on a daily basis. Plus it's just a nice way of cross-linking to other sites.

FYI: I kinda copped the title "Outside it's America" from a line in U2's Bullet The Blue Sky, although technically Bono says "Outside is America." I just always loved that little part of the song:

This guy comes up to me
His face red like a rose on a thorn bush
Like all the colors of a royal flush
And he's peeling off those dollar bills
Slapping them down
One hundred, two hundred
And I can see those fighter planes
And I can see those fighter planes
Across the mud huts where the children sleep
Through the alleys of a quiet city street
You take the staircase to the first floor
Turn the key and slowly unlock the door
As a man breathes into a saxophone
And through the walls you hear the city groan
Outside is America
Outside is America

LiberalLucy said...

You're welcome! I know I'm not the only fan out there. :-)

In fact, I think that if I had as many fans as you do, my blog might be twice as big! :-)

Keep it up!

Nirmal said...

as everyone already knows, i'm a big "outside its america" fan. the roundup, no idea about the song.