Thursday, January 25, 2007

On the Road Again...

Many thanks to Willie Nelson for providing the perfect lead-in for today's post. :-)

If the ground was green and the flowers were out, I'd say that I was heading to Wine Country, but given the many inches of white stuff on the ground and the need for many layers, I'd say I'm headed to Snow Country.

That's right. I'll be traveling across this great state of ours for a good part of the day, and I'll be sure to check in later this afternoon after I arrive. I'm not quite sure how I'll ever survive because I just discovered that my lodgings don't include a facility with internet connection *gasp, shudder*. Thanks to my Uber-Dork phone and my day-time accommodations, I have a feeling that nothing will come between me and The Tubes. :-)

I had a sinking feeling that I needed to have the LucyMobile checked out before my trip, and I'm glad I did. After taking it to one of Lansing's finest shops for a going-over with a fine tooth comb, and a lot of money later, I'm the proud owner of a new S-belt. The daughter of one of the Automobile Industry's Hardest Workers, you'd think my car knowledge would be a little more extensive than it is. Unfortunately it is not. Here's how car repairs figure in my mind...

Something Broke = $$$
...and that's about it.

Needless to say, with the wallet a bit lighter, the plastic a bit more worn, and a few more frequent flyer miles banked, I should be okay.

Staying true to my Mitten roots, I'll stay well-nourished today thanks to one of Michigan's finest delicacies. Pop it in the oven, wrap it in foil and eat and enjoy while I'm on the road. Mmm!!!

Enjoy the day, the snow, the cold, the beauty of it all, and think good travel thoughts for me. If you're lucky, I may even snap some photos of the Great White North and add them to my favorite Michigan photo pool.

Happy Trails!

1 comment:

Mensch71 said...

Travel safe, kiddo. I miss you already. :)