Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Other Female Candidate for President

She hasn't officially registered yet, but it sounds like there's a good chance she might.

She's smart, well-rounded, deeply passionate about the environment, involved in women's issues, speaks 4 or 5 languages and I think she'd make an excellent president.

Did I mention she's only 8?

I'm hoping that you'll help me draft Lisa Simpson for President.

Just in case you're really wondering what's going on, I'm down in D.C. for the week as a fellow in the New Organizing Institutes Summer Campaign Boot Camp. There's 60 of us here from all over the country who are learning all about the online side of progressive political campaigns. We're being by taught by the masters from MoveOn, Blue State Digital, MyDD, the Clinton, Edwards and Obama Campaigns, and that's just to name a few.

After 8-9 hours a day learning, we've been instructed to design a presidential campaign for a Simpsons Show character. Doing all this from scratch, the group that receives the most people to enter their email accounts on our campaign website win. We're up against 7 other groups, and it's going to be a fierce battle.

She might be a little too young to run, but Lisa Simpson is my ticket to the top!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lucy, I signed up e-mail addresses for all of my family yesterday. Best of luck to the Lisa 2008 team!

LiberalLucy said...

Thanks Butch, we really appreciate the help!