Saturday, November 03, 2007

Loving Maine, hurricanes and all....

It's beautiful! Well my trip to Maine has been a wonderful time, and what an experience it has been!

Acadia National Park is everything I thought it would be, I have about a hundred pictures to prove it! Leave it to Mother Nature to have fun switching up my travel plans though!

While I couch-surf here in Bath, Maine, we're hunkering down for Hurricane Noel. Bath is right on the coast, half-way between Portland and Camden in the Mid-Coast area. It's a gorgeous historic ship-building town and the beautiful house I'm on is right on the water.

Tonight, after the worst of the storm has passed, my couchsurfing friend and I will be attending the local Democratic Party Harvest Dinner, and I will be dining in style with local Democrats. Even better, my couchsurfing host works in state politics and there are many other very cool things we share in common. Who'da thunk it? :-)

The Hurricane is supposed to sweep up this afternoon and as it hits the colder weather, turn into a Nor'Easter, something which I've never experienced. I've been told to expect 6-8 inches of rain and winds from 60-80 mph. While it sounds scary, I just need it clear up by tomorrow so I can fly back without any major issues!

So while I hunker down, think of me and enjoy this picture taken with my cell phone from the top of Cadillac Mountain, at 6 a.m. yesterday as the sun rose. If you think this is good, wait till you see what I got with the camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cadillac Mt at dawn, nothing could be better!!
First spot the sun hits in the good old US of A

tallmomsbulus