Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Mom Rocks

Seems like a silly title for a blog post, huh? Perhaps, but we're not talking about just any mom here, we're talking about my mom who's championing the world of financial literacy right here in Michigan.

She's featured in today's Oakland Business Review talking about the greater need for financial literacy education in our schools. If you recall from past posts, she's the president of the Michigan Jump$tart Coalition, and director of Personal Finance for the Michigan Council on Economic Education.

My mom works hard for a lot of folks in our state who don't necessarily have a very loud voice here in Lansing, and for that I'm proud of her. A lot of who I am is because of how she and my dad raised me, and for that very reason, I hope that this apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. :-)

1 comment:

Scott said...

Not that my parents don't do their fair share, of course. They help direct our Knights of Columbus council's annual drive for the mentally impaired. And they were very involved in the planning of my church's 150th anniversary celebrations.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Thank you for sharing, Julielyn!