Saturday, November 24, 2007

Really Support our Troops

There are lots of way to say we support the troops. We can write it on a blog, we can paint it on a sign, we can stick a yellow ribbon on our cars, we can vote the war-mongers out of office, and we can donate money. I'm not talking about writing a check to the Department of Defense and see it go to buy another $500 paperweight, but giving something to directly to our men and women who are serving abroad, giving up their lives for us.

I am pleased to support the efforts of several fellow bloggers that I call friends as they really support the troops through an effort called Blogging for Michigan Troop Care. The money that is raised goes directly to items needed by the Michigan troops stationed overseas. These are items that they have asked for and clearly need.

I made my donation last week, and now I am asking that you help this Troop Care project raise the remaining $804 that they need to raise their goal of $5000.

Be sure to stop by Blogging for Michigan, and this time, really support the troops through their Troop Care Project.

No comments: