Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Friendly Suggestion...

Do you read blogs on a regular basis? Find it a pain in your arse to keep typing in the url's of each one?

Consider a feed-reader service like Bloglines or the one that Nirmal recently clued me into - Netvibes.

Consolidate all of your favorite blogs onto one blogroll and only have to check one website.

I use Bloglines and I love that I can just go log in, and see all 40+ blogs that I read regularly on one page. Bloglines lets me know if there's been any new posts since my last log in. If there are, I simply click on the name of the blog, and Bloglines features the post for me.
You can also share your blogroll with others, if you'd like.
While you're there, check out your local weather info, search blogs, websites and newsgroups. I like it because it's easy to use, and it's instantaneous!

I don't use Netvibes, but Nirmal shared some of his experience with me. It's literally everything available on one page. Email, instant messenger, blog roll, news, weather, everything. Being a bit skittish of Big Brother, it's too much of my info on one site. Still, it looks very cool.

Did I mention that both sites are free? :-)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog-reading. :-)

No comments: