Monday, April 30, 2007

An Update, a Funny, a New Song and Blog

Things in my personal life have been in flux lately. Some incredible highs, and some others not so high. The next two weeks will be a little crazy, in part because I'm moving to a new part of Lansing, but plenty of things are happening that just keep life interesting.

I'm sitting here with the window open, a gentle cool breeze rolling in as the rain softly falls. I'm a sucker for the smell of a fresh spring rain. It reminds me that while life has its more difficult moments, there's still so many good things out there, and so much worth fighting for. So here's a mix-match of things that are making me smile today. Here's hoping they do the same for you!

1) A very funny web video by comedian Will Ferrell. A friend dropped it in my lap today and I nearly cried I laughed so hard. Be sure to check out The Landlord, but in full disclosure, the clip has a four-letter word or two and merits a PG-13 rating.

2) A cool new blog - Fight for the Future by Battle Creek City Councilman Ryan Hersha. A very smart friend of mine once remarked that every politician should have a blog so we all knew how they really felt about issues that mattered to us. With my obvious level of blogging bias, I agree. Hersha's blog is a great example of open, honest dialog on various issues affecting his district and the state, and frankly, I think this is a great example for other politicians to follow. Stop by, check it out, and take a page from Hersha's book - it just might help make our state a better place to live, learn, and play.

3) An excellent song - My life is music. A former musician, every significant moment of my life has a song associated with it. When I blog, exercise, cook, clean, work and sometimes even sleep, music is by my side. If you want a fun song, that I guarrantee 99% of you have never heard of but 100% of you will enjoy - check out Everybody's Free (to Wear Sunscreen) (2007 Mix) by Quindon Tarver. The original version of the song was on the soundtrack of the brilliant 1996 film by Baz Lurhmann - Romeo + Juliet.
This song with great music and spoken word will make you think, smile, laugh and reflect on your days of yore. The full album is available for download on iTunes, and you can download a single of the song on Rhapsody here. Download it, listen to it, and tell me what you think!

No comments: