Friday, April 27, 2007

Michigan Political Blogging - Today on 'Off the Record'

If you have some time today or this weekend, be sure to check out this week's edition of WKAR's Off the Record.

Senior Capitol Correspondent Tim Skubick invited myself and Marcy Wheeler (emptywheel from MichLib and The Next Hurrah) along with two bloggers from the Right on to his show to talk about the impact of political blogging in Michigan.

We had a good time, and Tim and the rest of the staff at WKAR were pretty happy with the outcome. Neither Marcy or I have seen the show yet, so while I think it went pretty well, I'll be judging right along with the rest of you. I will say that if this was a battle of the sexes, us girls gave the boys a real run for their money. :-)

OTR is available by live-stream on the WKAR website after noon today, and if you want to watch it on the ol' boob-tube, the times that it will be showing in your part of the state are available below -

Statewide Viewing

MARQUETTE WNMU Fri 5:30pmSun 1:00pm

GRAND RAPIDS WGVU &WGVK Fri 6:00pm

EAST LANSING WKAR Fri 9:00pmSun 11:30pm

UNIV. CENTERWDCQ Fri 9:30pm

FLINTWFUM Sat 7:30pm

ELKHART, IN.WNIT Sun 7:30am

DETROIT WTVS Sun 11:30am

MT. PLEASANT WCMU Friday 9:00pmSun 12:00pm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Blog Fest was tremendous. I was impressed with the respect shown to each other despite your obvious differences on issues. You set an example for our political leaders.

It reminded me of many conversations with my late father. I once worked for Democrats in the Legislature, and then as a Blanchard administration appointee. My dad was a political appointee in the Nixon and Reagan administrations. We could (and did) discuss politics, disagree strongly, and then share a beer or fire up the barbeque.

In contrast, the House Dems have a news release featured on their website entitled "Bankrupt GOP Has No Ideas". How sad. Maybe they should turn their press office over to Liberal Lucy!

Doug Murch said...

Nice job on OTR.

LiberalLucy said...

Thank you both for your kind words.

I have no doubt that all of politics could use a higher level of civility and respect. Just because we disagree doesn't mean we can't still treat each other with respect.

Anonymous said...

Liberal Lucy,
I just watched OTR from Friday (we had recorded it). You and Marcy did a FANTASTIC job! (The guys did a good job, too, but I like you and Marcy WAY better.) Congratulations, GREAT job! ... Rosemary F

LiberalLucy said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Rosemary! I appreciate your comments and your support!

Hope to see you back around on this blog in the future!