Friday, February 08, 2008

Old Town Diner in the Spotlight

Congrats to the Golden Harvest, a one-of-a-kind diner located on North Turner in Old Town. It recently was reviewed and featured by Absolute Michigan.

It's just one of several restaurants that I make a habit of sampling in Old Town. Golden Harvest is only open for breakfast or lunch and their breakfasts are not to be missed. It reminds me of the local diner where the old men congregate and talk shop and you watch your food cooked on the grill right in front of you, but there's a funky twist to the place that makes it all it's own. Last time I was in there I dined on some truly excellent eggs over easy with bacon, toast, and hash browns with some kickin' hot sauce as Beastie Boys played on the radio overhead.

So yes, the old men come and talk shop, but so do the college kids, the artists, the stay-at-home moms, and bloggers like me, looking for great food and a true Old Town experience.

No comments: