Jobs, jobs, jobs.
That's the single biggest issue in this election.
Michigan's people want to know that there are jobs out there.
The thing about us Michiganians, we don't like to be deceived.
Just give it to us plain, simple and honest.
Why did Dick DeVos send our jobs to China and lie to us about it?
7. Dick DeVos lied to us, the people of Michigan.
Not only did Tricky Dick cut 1,400 Michigan jobs, and invest $220 Million in China, but now those goods from China are being sold here in the US, even though Dick said that they weren't.
- Dick laid off 1,400 Michigan voters. (Detroit News 8/24/06)
- Amway invested $220Million in China (Detroit News 8/24/06)
- Amway created 4,300 new jobs in China (Alticor/Amway) Blog 4/13/06)
- DeVos Campaign Says : Not one Michigan job has ever been shipped to China and nothing made in China is sold in the United States." (Setting the Record Straight, DeVos for Governor, 8/26/06)
- Amway Teddy Bears sold in the U.S. are made in China. (Quixtar/Amway) Website)
7. Governor Granholm has worked hard to create new jobs, bring in new companies and stop job outsouring, all successfully.
Jennifer Granholm is a non-stop Job machine, and she's doing it all for us, the people of Michigan.
- Governor Granholm has created over 7,100 new jobs in Michigan. (MI Dept. of Transportation) #24
- Governor Granholm has continually fought successfully for new jobs for Michigan (Detroit Free Press) #20
- Governor Granholm has worked hard to keep jobs in Michigan, and to bring in thousands more. (Site Selection Magazine) #12
Tricky Dick's Teddy Troubles
Dick DeVos eliminated over 1,000 Michigan jobs.
"Granholm is referring to the fact that DeVos, as president of Amway Co. parent Alticor, eliminated 1,400 jobs at the main plant in Ada, Mich." (Detroit News, September 22, 2006)
Amway built a factory in China while Dick DeVos was President.
Amway Asia Pacific dedicated its approximately 15,000 sq m (152,000 sq ft), state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in the Guangzhou Economic and Technical Development District on January 18, 1995, after extensive production trials. The plant -- a centerpiece of the company's initial U.S. $100 million dollar commitment to China -- has been producing inventory of five household cleaning products since the dedication. These products also are included in the starter kits. (PR Newswire, March 20, 1995)
Dick DeVos acknowledged Amway built a plant in China in his own television advertisement.
"We built a plant in China to sell in China." (Dick DeVos, Television Advertisement, September 6, 2006)
In their media blog, Amway/Alticor openly acknowledged the company invested over $200 million in China and created 4,300 jobs in China.
"Here are the numbers: An investment of $220 million in China (an investment required by the Chinese government as a prerequisite of selling our products there). Over time, this investment has grown into about 4,300 employees in China: including manufacturing jobs, office jobs, and retail clerk jobs, staffing the counters at more than 170 shops." (Alticor Media Blog, April 13, 2006)
On August 22, 2005, in a press release titled, "Governor is proven wrong regarding her attack on DeVos," the DeVos for Governor Campaign said: · "Not one Michigan job has ever been shipped to China and no Chinese products are exported to the United States. Period." (Press Release, DeVos for Governor, August 22, 2005)
The "Teddy Bear" was purchased through the Amway subsidiary, Quixtar, on September 21, 2006 from a Michigan address. The invoice of the transaction is below.
The Teddy Bear was purchased on this Amway/Quixtar Website.
Here's the Teddy Bear and it's tag that clearly says "Made in China"
"...you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32